Updated with over 500 new words, phrases and meanings,Oxford Wordpower Dictionaryis a corpus-based dictionary that provides the tools intermediate learners need to build vocabulary and prepare for exams. Oxford 3000 keyword entries show the most important words to know in English. This edition includes new Topic Notes, Exam Tips and Writing Tips, and a 16-page Oxford Writing Tutor.
Students can search the A-Z dictionary by word or topic on the CD-ROM, and use the exercises to practise for international exams.
NEW on the CD-ROM: Oxford iWriter for B1-B2 students to develop writing skills, and the iGuide, an interactive tutorial to help students explore dictionary entries.
- 45,000+ words, phrases, and meanings, including over 500 NEW words
- Oxford 3000 keyword entries show students the most important words to know in English
- Shortcuts take students quickly to the meaning they want in long entries
- NEW Topic Notes give the language and information to help students talk confidently about topics such as podcasts, smartphones, social networking, etc.
- NEW Exam Tips offer practical help with exam preparation
- ‘Other Words for’ notes give synonyms to extend and bring variety to students’ language
- 16 pages of colour illustrations show words in topic groups
- Two NEW tools for developing writing skills at intermediate (B1-B2) level: Oxford iWriter on CD-ROM and 16-page Oxford Writing Tutor section