Endorsed by academics worldwide, the Oxford Portuguese Dictionary is the most authoritative English-Portuguese / Portuguese-English dictionary ever published. Based on real modern evidence and computational analysis of hundreds of millions of words of both English (American and British) and Portuguese (Brazilian and European), the dictionary boasts more than 200,000 words and phrases and 320,000 translations. This up-to-date resource has been designed for both Portuguese and English native speakers and includes the latest vocabulary from computing, business, and the media, across both languages.
- Portuguese-English and English-Portuguese two-way bilingual dictionary designed for both Portuguese and English native speakers
- Based on real modern evidence of Portuguese (both Brazilian and European) and English (both American and British)
- Over 200,000 words and phrases, and 320,000 translations
- Over 130,000 fully translated example sentences and idioms taken from real language in use
- Extra features include tables of Portuguese verb conjugations, irregular English verb listings, as well as cultural notes included within entries on both sides of the dictionary