This practical write-in workbook with digital access is the perfect companion to the coursebook and workbook. The practical workbook focuses on the key practical skills that learners need to develop. It is aimed at learners preparing for practical tests or alternatives to practical tests. Sample data is provided to enable students to use the workbook when the practical cannot be carried out. The workbook is written in accessible English with ‘Key Word’ feature for English as a second language learners. Each investigation in the workbook covers equipment needed, safety considerations, ‘Getting started’ questions to help familiarise students with the equipment and method they will be using and a method with step-by-step instructions, questions focus on the key skills of recording and handling data, analysis and evaluation. Answers for all the questions and exercises can be found online at www.cambridge.org/go
- The ‘Practical Skills and Support’ section at the start of the book introduces students to the basic skills that will form the foundation of their learning, helping build their confidence with skills that will recur frequently in the Cambridge IGCSE™ course, such as drawing diagrams and identifying variables
- The book is written in clear, accessible language to help English as a second language learners. The ‘Key Words’ feature highlights key vocabulary and definitions in context with a glossary at the end of the book
- Each investigation in the workbook covers equipment needed, safety considerations, ‘Getting started’ questions, a method with step-by-step instructions, questions focus on the key skills of recording and handling data, analysis and evaluation
- Students are given frequent opportunities for reflection upon what they have learnt and how they can improve their methods next time
- Tips are provided to help with areas that learners frequently struggle with
- Exam-style questions at the end of each chapter give students to opportunity to improve their confidence and fluency
- Sample data gives students the opportunity to practise their essential skills when a practical cannot be carried out.