TheCompact Oxford English Dictionary for Studentsis specifically designed to meet the needs of today’s students. With over 144,000 words, phrases, and definitions, it offers comprehensive coverage of current English and is perfect for student reference and everyday study needs. A simple defining style, and a clear colour layout, ensure the dictionary text is accessible and easy to use.
- A brand-new dictionary published specifically for undergraduate and college students and market-tested with students, lecturers, and tutors
- Comprehensive coverage of current English, suitable for day-to-day study, based on the ongoing research of Oxford Languages and the authority of the Oxford English Corpus
- A clear and simple defining style and thousands of example phrases showing words in context, plus notes on the use of good English and points of grammar
- Centre section Effective Writing for College and Career is specifically tailored to meet the needs of today’s students: practical information on essay-writing, referencing, research and note-taking, job CVs/rsums and application letters, plus extra help with grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Clear and accessible layout with attractive colour design in a compact, portable format