Qualification: Cambridge Lower Secondary
Author(s): Keely Laycock
Available from: June 2020
This Stage 8 learner?s skills book helps students develop key 21st century skills including research, analysis and more. Written by experienced teacher and author, Keely Laycock, learners are encouraged to reflect on your chosen topics ? such as sustainability and the digital world ? at a personal, national and global level. This series enables students to develop skills for their future in a scaffolded and measurable way, and has been produced with feedback from teachers and students all around the world.
- A large collection of collaborative and independent activities engages students and makes learning visible in the classroom.
- Peer assessment opportunities help improve collaboration and reflection.
- Self-assessment opportunities for every skill allows students to look back and see how they?ve progressed.
- Questions drive student thinking and surface understanding ? such as, ?What does the term collaboration mean to you??
- Six sections develop key skills for research, analysis, evaluation, reflection, collaboration and communication, progressing from ?Starting with? through to ?Developing? and ?Getting better at?.
- Clear learning goals at the start of every section highlight the assessment objectives.
- Tried and tested activities used in classrooms around the world are also included.